HOME ABOUTINTERIORSRECIPESBEAUTYPRINTABLESTUTORIALS SHOPFEATURED

DREAMING OF A CHICKEN COOP

If you love Portlandia, or chickens, or building mini houses this post is for you.


I have this little obsession with chicken coops lately. If I didn't have to live in "town" for work I would love to live in the country and have a giant garden, a wrap-around porch, and a chicken coop. Our town has an ordinance in place that allows residents within city limits to have 3 hens, but no roosters. Before you go buying your own flock check local chicken laws and ordinances and head over here to get all the right info on how to raise them in your area. But, be sure you have the right kind of space, chickens need quiet places away from traffic, and disturbances. There are so many great chicken coop designs floating around out there now-- I have seen some great options I have been lusting over. Whether it is something you build from scratch, or find some pre-fab plans there is something out there to fit everyone's style. I am loving the options below, if you follow the links you can find instructions. For now I'll keep dreaming about the idea, because the reality cleaning up after live chickens is probably more of a nightmare.


image via

image via

image via

No comments: