HOME ABOUTINTERIORSRECIPESBEAUTYPRINTABLESTUTORIALS SHOPFEATURED

TOASTED GOUDA QUESADILLAS

Our Vegetarian quest continues. This recipe is primarily why I couldn't be a vegan- I have pretty much given up dairy except for cheese, its my food weakness. You can't make a tasty quesadilla without cheese. We had family from Germany visiting us last week, one evening for dinner we had a great cheese plate- but so much smoked gouda left over. John is a master of throwing together a bunch of crazy things and having them turn out great. (With the exception of the spinach olive chili- I know you just gagged- I gave him props for trying, and I also never let him forget how great the chili was once I picked out the spinach and olives!) So this tasty recipe was all on him. And by all on him I mean- he invented it, and got it all over his white T-shirt.



Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 large onions (white or yellow)
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup Italian parsley
4 flour tortillas

Directions:
Slice the onions. Chop the cilantro and parsley. Grate the cheese.  In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil, and add sliced onions. Saute for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add barbecue sauce and water; stir until the onions are completely coated. Turn off heat.

Spread onion mixture, cheese, and greens on half of each tortilla, and then fold in over, this way you can toast 2 at once. Place the quesadillas back in the skillet.  Cook until toasted and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. Cut quesadillas in half, and serve. I added a bit of avocado to mine, and John added hot sauce and salsa. We both loved them!


No comments: