HOME ABOUTINTERIORSRECIPESBEAUTYPRINTABLESTUTORIALS SHOPFEATURED

THANKSGIVING PUMPKIN CENTERPIECE

I like to re-use things if you haven't noticed- not in a weird hoarder, crazy cat lady kind of way, but more in a "I saw this idea on pinterest/Martha Stewart, and was like I can totally do that with something I already have" kind of way. This idea came from pinterest, 2 years ago, yeah - I was pinteresting before it was even cool... haha. (I literally overheard that exact statement at the grocery store a few weeks ago, I maybe rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck.) But, I digress- the moral of that story was I'd been filing that idea away so long and this Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time to let it be free.



You'll Need:
A pumpkin
Flowers
A Vase/jar/container

Method:
Cut the top off of the pumpkin and leave yourself about an 8" diameter hole. Scoop out the insides. Place a small vase or plastic container inside the pumpkin to hold the water for the flowers. Arrange your flowers. 

The whole process ended up taking about 30 minutes. I think I'll end up going back to the floral shop and adding some olive branches and more hydrangea blooms closer to the holiday,for a soft green touch- but I like where it is going. 




No comments: