HOME ABOUTINTERIORSRECIPESBEAUTYPRINTABLESTUTORIALS SHOPFEATURED

QUINOA PRIMAVERA


Let me preface this recipe by saying it is delicious. It is delicious because it has cream cheese. Over the past few months I have all but given up on cheese, and most dairy. I still make my own yogurt, but that's about it. I know what you are thinking- no dairy = self inflicted torture. And it would be except for I have lost close to 20lbs through cutting out breads and dairy along with a gym routine that kills me everyday. But because I had been doing so well I splurged and went for the dairy gold- well worth it. But I like to know whats in each recipe so I am going to start posting all of the nutrition info to all recipes from now on, because I think it is important.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
4 ounces lite cream cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
5 cups thinly sliced or bite sized pieces assorted uncooked vegetables
3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese

Directions
Rinse quinoa thoroughly; drain. Bring quinoa and broth to boil in a 2-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until broth is absorbed. While quinoa is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in butter for about one minute, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in vegetables. Cook about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cream cheese and basil into cooked quinoa. Toss vegetables with quinoa mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Makes 5 servings.

No comments: