This recipe is from Keep Your Diet Real they have so many fun fresh recipe ideas you really need to check them out!
Ingredients½ cup chopped raw onion
1 red or yellow pepper (washed, seeded, and diced)
½ can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 cup quinoa (dry and cooked according to package)
1 cup salsa
1 avocado, diced
Black pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Bibb lettuce or Butter lettuce
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package.
- Prepare onion and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients above (except for lettuce leafs).
- Once the mixture is combined, spread ¼ cup of the mixture onto each lettuce leaf and wrap/fold over like a taco shell.
- Enjoy as a snack or a quick lunch!
This recipe serves 2 as a main course. The bulk of the calories and carbs come from the quinoa, but it is also packed with fiber and protein - you can't go wrong there. These calculations were done assuming you would use store bought salsa and not homemade or fresh. If you want to cut the fat exclude the avocado- although that's the best kind of fat you can get!